If you’re offended by the title then the hell with you.
No one could’ve said it better than Dr. Seuss, “adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.”
Today is Dr. Seuss’ 108th birthday!
I remember my favorite Dr. Seuss story as a kid was Green Eggs and Ham. As a kid I loved his books because they had funny rhymes and made reading easy. Now all grown up (and hopefully not considered obsolete), I still find great learning in the hidden messages as I read these books to my kids. Green Eggs and Ham served us well… if it wasn’t for this book, my kids wouldn’t have eaten anything green (See my post on kale).
So in honor of Dr. Seuss’ birthday, I double dare you to do these 10 things to tickle your funny bone… cause the sillies are the best ways to wake up your inner child before you end up on the extinction list.
10. Go see The Lorax movie and then read your favorite Dr. Seuss book before bed time.
9. Dunk some oreo cookies into a mug of warm milk and do let your whole hand sink into the mug so you can lick the milk off your knuckles.
8. Accessorize your wardrobe with a candy necklace and ring pop that you can munch on and lick throughout the day.
7. Go outside and catch some bugs like ants, grasshoppers, ladybugs, and other innocent insects… but this time don’t pull off their legs, wings, or any other parts.
6. Chew bubble gum.. the big square ones like bubbilicous or hubba bubbla bubble gum (yes they still make them). Since your jaw is bigger, pop 2 squares in your mouth so you get chipmunk cheeks. Once you get a handle of the gum, blow a big bubble and watch it pop all over your face and nose… then you’ll suck it back into your mouth and chew it again.
5. Have a spin around contest or cartwheel contest. First one to throw up wins.
4. Buy ice cream from the dirty ice cream truck… My favorite one was the strawberry shortcake popsicle.
3. Run, skip, or gallop (anything but walk) while failing your arms and throwing your body against anything or anyone in sight.
2. Be a know-it-all… tell everyone you meet about something you learned today with excitement and gusto.. and insist they drop whatever they’re doing because what you have to tell them is much more important… in other words, keep nagging until they listen.
and the number one way to tickle your inner child-like funny bone is:
1. Climb up a door frame… go ahead! I double dog dare you!
Ahhh… the memories…. I refuse to become obsolete!
Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!!!